|Mint Mark:||Not Shown|
|Metal Content:||0.25 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Monnaie de Paris|
This brilliant coin is one of a three-coin set from the Monnaie de Paris Legendary Collection, which celebrates iconic figures that played an important part in shaping France. This issue honors Louis XIV, king of France from 1643 to 1715.
- Contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of Louis XIV wearing a long wig (in the 17th-century style) in Christian Lacroix’s characteristic style.
- Reverse: Depicts the Sun, Louis XIV’s emblem, accompanied by the dates of his reign: 1643-1715.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2014 1/4 oz Proof Gold Legendary Collection Louis XIV coin to your cart today!
Louis XIV's 72 year and 110 day rule is the longest of any monarch of a major European country. He was responsible for expanding Versailles into a royal palace and beginning the construction into what it is known today.