The third coin in the Austrian Mint series Prehistoric Life: Back from the Dead series, Cretaceous illustrates the geologic period when all the Earth’s continents were joined together in one vast landmass known as Pangaea.
- Contains .5209 oz of fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a capsule inside the mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the struthiosaurius austriacus defending its newborn emerging from an egg with the strong body armor.
- Reverse: Depicts the struthiosaurius austriacus aoong with vegetation and samples of the animals fossils.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful silver coin to your cart today!
Spanning some 80 million years, the Cretaceous period ended 66 million years ago when an asteroid collided with Earth. The period’s high sea levels meant that large portions of the landmass were under water, but on dry land dinosaurs such as struthiosaurius austriacus thrived. Protected by body armour, this small yet fearsome creature is brought to life on the third coin in our fascinating Prehistoric Life: Back from the Dead series.