Here's your chance to obtain a Civil War era issue of U.S. paper money at a reasonable price!
- One of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a likeness of "Freedom", the statue that sits atop the dome of the U.S. Capitol at left. A small portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury under Washington is at right.
- Back: FIVE over a large "V" to the left and right with the obligation in the center.
- Series of 1863 $5 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A nice Very Good condition example.
This note is in Very Good condition with some roughness at the edges that is typical of these early U.S. paper money issues, but still a very decent and presentable example of this early note! This series has become a favorite with collectors. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Federal government to print paper money.