Here's your chance to obtain a Civil War era issue of U.S. paper money at a reasonable price!
- One of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a likeness of "Freedom", the statue that sits atop the dome of the U.S. Capitol at left. A small portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury under Washington is at right with Chittenden/Spinner signatures.
- Back: FIVE over a large "V" to the left and right with the obligation in the center.
- Series of 1863 $5 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A nice Very Good condition example.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Federal government to print paper money.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||American Banknote Co.|