|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||American Banknote Co.|
Here's your chance to obtain a Civil War era issue of U.S. paper money at a reasonable price!
- One of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a likeness of "Freedom", the statue that sits atop the dome of the U.S. Capitol at left. A small portrait of Alexander Hamilton, 1st Secretary of the Treasury under Washington is at right with Chittenden/Spinner signatures.
- Back: FIVE over a large "V" to the left and right with the obligation in the center.
- Series of 1863 $5 United States Legal Tender Note.
- A nice Very Good condition example.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Federal government to print paper money.