This United States America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program features Gettysburg National Park. This coin contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver and is graded MS-69 PL by PCGS with the First Strike and John Mercanti attributes.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the near perfect MS-69 First Strike grade of the coin and bears a label hand-signed by John Mercanti, then-Director of the U.S. Mint.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Similar to the Washington quarter featuring the text "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts the 72nd Pennsylvania Infantry Monument, which is located on the battle line of the Union Army at Cemetery Ridge. Inscriptions are "Gettysburg," "Pennsylvania," "E Pluribus Unum" and the date.
- Rim is engraved with weight and purity of the coin.
Protect and display your ATB in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These popular and highly collectible 5 oz America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin series have captured the imagination of investors and collectors alike. Add this gorgeous coin to your collection today!
The Battle of Gettysburg, the Union victory in the summer of 1863 that ended General Robert E. Lee's second and most ambitious invasion of the North, was a turning point in the Civil War. Often referred to as the "High Water mark of the Rebellion," it was among the war's bloodiest battles, with 51,000 casualties.
In 2010, the United States Mint launched the America The Beautiful Quarter series, the mint’s first-ever 5 ounce coin and their largest Silver bullion coin to-date. The new quarter series includes a total of 56 quarter-dollar coins, each with a design of a National Park or National Site from one of the 50 states, five U.S. Territories and Washington D.C. The obverse design of each 5 oz Silver America The Beautiful coin duplicates the design of the America the Beautiful clad quarters used in circulation, except in greater detail. The mint makes two versions of the America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver coin: a Bullion version with a shiny prooflike finish made for investors and an Uncirculated, or Burnished, version with a matte-like finish made for collectors. The Burnished version features the "P" mintmark for the Philadelphia Mint and includes a U.S. Mint box and certificate of authenticity. The Bullion version does not have a mintmark and comes in a plastic capsule with no certificate of authenticity. The Bullion versions have higher mintages and are available to the public only through authorized bullion dealers like APMEX, while the Uncirculated versions have much lower mintages and are available through the U.S. Mint directly, as well as retailers like APMEX.
All America The Beautiful 5 oz Silver coins have the same obverse of George Washington in a restored version of the portrait created by John Flanagan for the 1932 Washington Quarter. The reverse of each America The Beautiful Quarter includes an individual design for each National Park or National Site. Unlike the reeded edge of the normal quarter coins in circulation, the America The Beautiful Silver bullion coins have a smooth edge inscribed with the coin specifications: .999 FINE SILVER 5.0 OUNCE.
The America The Beautiful program is authorized by Congress under Title II of the America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008.