World Trade Center Ground Zero Recovery Coin. Own a piece of history with this beautiful 1 oz Canadian Platinum Maple Leaf graded as Gem Uncirculated by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the Gem Uncirculated grade.
- Mintage of only 31,900 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the Ian Rank-Broadley right facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and $50 face value.
- Reverse: Displays a large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Platinum Maple Leaf in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
The Platinum Maple Leaf offers the perfect blend of collectible beauty and investment appeal. Add this historical Canadian Platinum bullion coin to your cart today!
Weeks after the tragic September 11th, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center, workers at ground zero reached the Iron Mountain Vault. Buried beneath hundreds of tons of rubble, this depository (the official COMEX depository) held a vast amount of investment grade Precious Metals held by fiscal institutions from around the world.
Under heavy security, the coins were loaded into Brink Armored vehicles and sent to be cataloged, graded, and encapsulated by PCGS. These slabs have a specially designed commemorative United States Flag insert which serves to easily identify the coins as a genuine artifact of this catastrophic event.