|Mint Mark:||P - Perth Mint|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
In the mid-to-late 1950s and throughout the 1960s, Australia was experiencing exponential growth in its tourism industry thanks in part to the Australian National Tourism Association (ANTA) commissioning world-class artists to design travel posters.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver in a proof finish.
- Coin is housed in a stylish case with a themed shipper and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a colored representation of Dame Eileen Mayo’s iconic "Australia" (Kangaroo) poster headed by the inscription "VINTAGE TRAVEL". The Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mintmark, and the coin’s weight and fineness also appear in the design.
Add this first in new series Vintage Travel Poster coin to your cart today!
The travel posters of the post-war era were an integral part of Australia’s early 20th century tourism promotion, both internationally and domestically. Between the 1930s and the 1960s, ANTA, as well as State Government tourism organizations, airlines, railways, and other tourism operators, used travel posters as part of their strategy to sell Australia to the world.