The Saltwater Crocodile is the largest of all living reptiles, as well as the largest terrestrial predator in the world. This stunning design plus a strict mintage cap make this Silver Saltwater Crocodile coin from the Perth Mint highly collectible.
- Each Saltwater Crocodile coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 25 come in mint tubes. Orders of 500 come in an original "Monster Box". Individual coins come in a protective plastic flip.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: A large saltwater crocodile with its mouth open, displaying its sharp teeth. It also features the inscription "Australian Saltwater Crocodile," the 2014 date, coin's weight and purity as well as Perth Mint’s “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Expand your Perth Mint collection with this spectacular 2014 Silver Australian Saltwater Crocodile from The Perth Mint! Add the 2014 1 oz Silver Crocodile coin to your cart today!
The Saltwater Crocodile is the largest reptile in the world and is found in suitable habitats from northern Australia through Southeast Asia to the eastern coast of India. Male saltwater crocodiles can grow to 7 meters in length and weigh over 1,000 kilograms. Females saltwater crocodiles are much smaller and reach only 4 meters in length and 100 kilograms in weight.
The Saltwater Crocodile is an extremely formidable and opportunistic predator capable of killing almost any animal that enters its territory. Due to their size and distribution, they are the most dangerous of all crocodiles to humans.