As low as $49.99 per coin over spot!
These Gold American Eagles have been graded an MS-69, achieving a near-perfect status, adding collectible value to the classic, beloved design.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the MS-69 condition.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your 1 oz of Gold coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The design on the Gold American Eagle is often considered the most beautiful design in American coinage. Add a near perfect 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today.
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Coins minted from 1986 through 1991 are dated with Roman numerals whereas every 1 oz Gold American Eagle minted after 1992 is branded with Arabic numerals. These Gold bullion coins are available in multiple sizes including 1/10 troy oz, 1/4 troy oz, 1/2 troy oz and 1 troy oz. Each piece is identical in design save the markings on the reverse side of the coin that indicate its weight and face value.
In 1933, because of the Great Depression, the United States government made it illegal for citizens to hold monetary Gold. Citizens were required to sell their Gold certificates, coins, and bullion to the U.S. Treasury save a few exceptions including jewelry and numismatic coins. In 1975, private ownership of Gold was again made legal and in 1986, American mints began to make bullion coins. Pursuant to the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, these coins are made exclusively from American Gold.
The coin is minted at the West Point Mint in New York. The mint deals in large amounts of Precious Metals and is responsible for striking all proof and uncirculated American Eagles in Gold, Silver, and Platinum as well as all Gold commemorative coins.