As low as $79.99 per coin over spot!
This beautiful classic design has been graded a near perfect Mint State-69 by NGC. Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold with the iconic Buffalo nickel design. Dates and labels will vary according to inventory on hand.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees and protects the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel.
- Reverse: An American bison, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add this 1 oz Gold Buffalo coin to your cart today!
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.