The U.S. Trade dollar was created for use in the Orient, in hopes that American trade could be carried out with them instead of Spanish dollars. In the five-year run that Trade Dollars were minted, less than 36 million pieces were struck.
- Contains .7874 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-62 condition.
- Designed by William Barber.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty sitting encircled with 13 stars.
- Reverse: Depicts a Heraldic Eagle with wings unfolded.
- Coins from the San Francisco Mint carry an 'S' mintmark on the reverse below the S in Grains.
Protect your Trade Dollar in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
This piece of American history will instantly add value to any collection. Add this certified 1877-S Trade Dollar to your cart today!