Such a unique and captivating design, these two NGC graded coins feature two reverse designs that create a complete story.
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold for a total Gold weight of 2 oz.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the PF-69 condition of the coins.
- Housed in an NGC uni-holder.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the country and year.
- Reverse: One coin features a new design of the Archangel Michael slaying the Dragon. The second coin features the Dragon receiving the spear wound.
- Sovereign coins backed by Isle of Man government.
These gorgeous Gold coins are a must for any numismatic or bullion collector. Add this beautiful 2009 Isle of Man 2-Coin Gold Angel vs Dragon Set to your cart today!
The idea that countries, big or small, can and should have their own coinage is what pushed the Pobjoy Mint forward. Pobjoy approached the Isle of Man government to begin a program of collector coins with corresponding values and specifications as British coins. In 1972, the Pobjoy Mint created the first practical set of coins for the Isle of Man including a 1/2 penny and up to 50 pence coins. These coins included historical and cultural elements, such as the Isle of Man’s distinctive three-legged “Triskele” insignia.
Since then, the Pobjoy Mint has issued an array of innovative and artistic coins sought after by some of the choosiest collectors. One particular contribution to numismatics and coin production was the development of the world’s first satisfactory man-made Precious Metal, called Virenium, which has been used in high denomination coinage since 1978. This was hailed worldwide as the first significant breakthrough in coinage from the last century.
The Pobjoy Mint provides circulation and collector coinage for 12 countries and territories, and that number is ever increasing. Pobjoy Mint has been consistently recognized within the numismatic industry for their innovations, including 45 “firsts” such as the first Silver one kilo coin, the first coin in the shape of the Eiffel Tower, the first titanium coin and the world’s highest relief coin. The Pobjoy Mint has demonstrated their ability to push the limits of the coin industry to surprising achievements and new heights.