First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Florence Harding.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in original box from the U.S. Mint.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Florence Harding.
- Reverse: Commemorates iconic articles relevant to the life of Mrs. Harding such as stylized ballots and ballot box, camera, torch, and initial referencing WWI veterans.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Florence Harding Gold Coin to your cart today!
A true woman of strength and courage, Florence Harding’s life was filled with a variety of hurdles and successes. Her success as the business manager at The Marion Star paved the way for what we now call “around the clock news.” Her experience with the press was said to have had contributed to her husband’s presidential success. Harding was among the few women during her time that publicly expressed her political views and opinions. Beside her open opinion she was also the first First lady to vote, fly in an airplane, operate a movie camera and own a radio. Harding also started a trend by inviting stars to the White House.