This coin honors Lou Hoover who was the first “First Lady” to represent her husband's radio address. This low mintage Gold coin offers great collectibility to this series.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Proof coin housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Bust of Lou Hoover.
- Reverse: Features a late 1920s radio representing Mrs. Hoover’s first public radio address as First Lady.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Lou Henry Hoover was the First Lady during the depression era from 1929 to 1933. During her time, Hoover had many accomplishments including: founding the American Woman’s Ware Relief Fund and Hospital and receiving acknowledgement from King Albert I of Belgium for her dedication and charitable work. Lou Hoover was considered a modern woman of her time, as she was the first woman to graduate from Stanford University. She held a wide variety of interests and hobbies, which included: taxidermy, hunting, fishing, and rocks and minerals.