First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Lou Hoover.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in original box from the U.S. Mint.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lou Hoover.
- Reverse: Commemorates Mrs. Hoover's first public radio address as First Lady (the first First Lady to do so) and features the design of a 1920s radio. The design was sculpted by Jim Licaretz and the design originated from Richard Masters.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Lou Henry Hoover Gold Coin to your cart today!
Lou Henry Hoover was the First Lady during the depression era from 1929 to 1933. During her time, Hoover had many accomplishments including: founding the American Woman’s Ware Relief Fund and Hospital and receiving acknowledgment from King Albert I of Belgium for her dedication and charitable work. Lou Hoover was considered a modern woman of her time, as she was the first woman to graduate from Stanford University. She held a wide variety of interests and hobbies, which included: taxidermy, hunting, fishing, and rocks and minerals.