Celebrate the legacy of monetary design and own a hand-crafted art form whose techniques are slowly fading into history.
- Contains 0.75 oz. of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 8,500 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a re-creation of the stunning portrait of a lion taken from an early twentieth century vignette created by the British American Banknote Company.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Lion on the Mountain Proof coin to your cart today!
The third coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s popular banknote series is an exceptional marriage of art history, engraving, and design, featuring one of history’s most ancient symbols, the lion, as it was uniquely and romantically depicted in an early banknote vignette by Canada’s Northern Crown Bank. The Northern Crown Bank was purchased by The Royal Bank of Canada in July 1918.