Mintage of only 7,000 coins. Part of an outstanding collection of aboriginal wisdom and art, this is the fourth coin of the Seven Sacred Teaching series celebrating Honesty.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The Gold gilded section of this coin portrays Kitch-Sabe, a giant who walked among the people to teach this sacred virtue. The raven also embodies this lesson. Both Kitch-Sabe and the raven are featured against a cedar background, another element related to the teaching.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
The traditional concepts of respect and sharing that form the foundation of the Aboriginal way of life are built around the seven natural laws, or sacred teachings. Each teaching honors one of the basic virtues intrinsic to a full and healthy life. Each law is embodied by an animal to underscore the point that all actions and decisions made by man are manifest on a physical plain.
Add this 1 oz Silver The Seven Sacred Teachings Honesty coin to your cart today!
The animal world taught man how to live close to the earth, and the connection that has been established between the animal world and that of man has instilled a respect for all life in those who follow the traditional Aboriginal way. The seven sacred teachings are Love, Respect, Courage, Honesty, Wisdom, Humility and Truth.
Long ago, there was a giant called Kitch-Sabe. Kitch-sabe walked among the people to remind them to be honest to the laws of the creator and honest to each other. The highest honor that could be bestowed upon an individual was the saying “There walks an honest man. He can be trusted.” To be truly honest was to keep the promises one made to the Creator, to others and to oneself. The Elders would say, “Never try to be someone else; live true to your spirit, be honest to yourself and accept who you are the way the Creator made you.”