This .9999 fine Silver coin is the third release in the Royal Canadian Mint's Canadian Dinosaurs series. Each Silver coin features a prehistoric animal discovered in Canada.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes encapsulated and presented in the original box with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 8,500 coins.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt's right facing portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Image by Canadian artist Julius Csotonyi featuring an interpretation of how Xenoceratops may have looked.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this 2014 1 oz Silver Xenoceratops Foremostensis coin to your cart today!
Viewed from the front on its right side, this full-body portrait presents some of Xenoceratops’ most striking features, including its beak-like mouth, vast spiky skull frill, horns, large muscular body and relatively short legs. It walks on four-clawed feet across a smooth, stony land mass, its small right eye cast upon the viewer.
The artist’s depiction presents an interpretation of possible tonal variations on a pebble-textured hide, all rendered in dimensional detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using multiple finishes and expert engraving techniques. The scientific accuracy of the depiction was verified by palaeontologists Dr. Michael Ryan and Dr. David Evans who discovered and described Xenoceratops in 2012.