The fourth and final Gold coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique.
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in a plastic capsule with certificate of authenticity but does not include mint issued box.
- Mintage of 4,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts a full-body profile portrait of a bison in its natural habitat.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this 1/10 oz Proof Gold Bison coin to your cart today!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Trevor Tennant presents a full-body profile portrait of a bison in its natural habitat. Viewed from its right side with its head and hindquarters arched toward the viewer, a massive North American bison bull stands with one hind leg raised in mid-stride. Its shaggy beard, blunt nose, small eye, and upturned horns are presented to stunning effect through the masterful use of varied finishes and engraving. The powerfully muscled, hunched back and fur-lined forelimbs give way to a low sloped hind section ending in a short fringed tail. On the bison’s abdomen we see scars from ancient battles with other bulls and perhaps predators like wolves. The dust seems to rise from beneath the bulky mass of the plains giant as its feet stir the scraggly open grassland.