This newest release from the Perth Mint celebrates the Year of the Goat, the eighth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. Act now as these coins tend to sell quickly!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 pure Gold.
- This proof issue is housed in an elegant oval-shaped display case featuring a glossy timber-effect lid and is presented in a colored illustrated shipper with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, purity of .9999 fine Gold and the monetary denomination are shown on the obverse.
- Reverse: Each Gold coin features an adult male goat standing on a ridge in a stylized mountain scene. The Chinese character for “Goat” and the inscription “Year of the Goat” also appear in the design with the Perth Mint’s traditional “P” mintmark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar goat include 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003 and 2015. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be elegant, charming, artistic, gifted and calm.