This set was designed to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Kennedy Half Dollar, first released in 1964, only a few short months after John F. Kennedy's untimely death.
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Comes in U.S. Mint box and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Set contains an uncirculated clad half dollar from both the Philadelphia and Denver Mints.
- Obverse: Depicts the original 1964 design by Gilroy Roberts.
- Reverse: Frank Gasparro's rendition of The Great Seal of the United States.
- Sovereign coins backed by the U.S. government.
Add this 2014 2-coin 50th Anniversary Kennedy 1/2 Dollar Commem Set to your cart today!
John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States was born and raised in Massachusetts and is most known for his the Bay of Pigs Invasion as well as the Cuban Missile Crisis in late 1962. He was assassinated on November 22, 1963 in Dallas, TX.