The third and final coin in the series featuring the Explorers’ First Sightings. Before they captured the hearts of generations of Australians, kangaroos caught the attention of early explorers. Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a presentation box with the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depiction of Vincent Woodthorpe's kangaroo engraving, first seen in 1795's "A Voyage to Botany Bay," surrounded by the face value and Silver weight and purity.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
These curious creatures were depicted in words and artworks which seem inaccurate today, but are filled with the beauty of these animals capturing people’s imaginations. Add this beloved 1 oz Proof Silver coin to your cart today!