This certified flawless inaugural-date Proof Silver Eagle is one of only 1,723 to feature a label hand signed by John Mercanti, designer of the coin's famous reverse.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation protects the Proof-70 condition of the coin.
- Mirrorlike Proof finish adds further beauty with an impressive shine.
- Scarce label hand-signed by John Mercanti, former Chief Engraver of the US Mint, and designer of the Silver Eagle's distinctive reverse.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the original colonies.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Silver Eagle combines beauty with Silver bullion appeal. Add the 1986-S Proof Silver Eagle to your cart today!