This coin is a continuation of the popular Hawksbill Turtle series that has grown tremendously in popularity in its brief existence. Expand your portfolio with this exquisite design!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Individual coins come packaged in protective plastic flips.
- Limited mintage of 10,000 coins.
- Reverse: New stylized design of a Hawksbill turtle, also known as the Taku, swimming in shallow waters amidst tiny bubbles.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the 2014 date.
- Produced by the New Zealand Mint.
With a sleeker design and low mintages for bullion, these coins tend to move very quickly. Add this latest edition of the Hawksbill Turtle to your cart today!
The Hawksbill turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata bissa), or locally named Taku, is one of two main turtle species of the South Pacific island nation of Fiji. Although they have a wide distribution throughout the world's tropical regions, Hawksbill turtles are considered critically endangered due to human fishing practices. Taku grow up to a meter in length and a weight of 80kg, although the heaviest on record weighed 127kg. The Gold Taku and Baby are new coins, and an extension of the Silver Taku coin series already produced by New Zealand Mint.
New Zealand Mint:
The New Zealand Mint is a privately owned company in Auckland, New Zealand. It is the only privately owned mint in New Zealand, purchasing refined gold from international sources to produce coins. They have established their reputation over the past four decades for their high quality design as exhibited by their innovative commemorative gold and silver bullion products. The only precious metal mint in New Zealand, the mint uses the tag-line “Minters of the South Pacific” and produces collector and bullion coins for a number of pacific nations, including Fiji, the Cook Islands, Niue and Tuvalu.