This unique Silver coin, the third in the Perth Mint's new Gods of Olympus series, features a beautifully detailed image of a Hades, the almighty god of the underworld. In ancient Greek mythology, Hades was worshipped as the God of the Underworld and the ruler of the dead. In addition to the underworld, he ruled over any and all things beneath the Earth, and for this reason he was also known as the God of Wealth as he presided over all the Precious Metals that existed underground.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each 2 oz Silver coin comes housed in a prestigious round wooden display case and includes a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of just 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, and the 2014 year-date.
- Reverse: Depicts Hades sitting on his throne made of bones and skulls wearing his invisibility helmet. He is accompanied by Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog. The design includes the inscription "HADES" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark.
- To capture the depth and detail of this unique design, the coin is struck in high relief to a rimless format and features an antique finish.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Historically, Hades was often depicted sitting on his ebony throne with Cerberus, the three-headed watchdog by his side. He was also known to wear a helmet of invisibility given to him by the Cyclops to help in the battle against the Titans.