This second coin in this mesmerizing series glows in the dark just like stars. Turn off the lights and 7 stars depicting three hunters in pursuit of the great bear magically appear. Innovative glow-in-the-dark technology will not wear out ever.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,500 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Western Ojibwa artist Cyril Assiniboine has created a stunning image of hunters as they prepare to slay the bear as it tries to hide in a cave in a star-filled sky.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this beautiful $25 Star Charts Wounded Bear coin to your cart today!
The design showcases the hunters’ impressive traditional Saulteaux dress, complete with imposing face paint, weaponry and ceremonial shield with bear claw motif. The seven stars that make up the Big Dipper are arguably one of the most recognized formations in the night sky. They are visible year-round from northern latitudes, and have inspired countless legends around the globe.
Many First Nations legends describe the Big Dipper as a great bear who is hunted ceaselessly by three hunters. The second issue in this four-coin series gives the account how the hunters struck the bear, but only managed to wound it. This is why leaves turn red in autumn. Your packaging also glows in the dark. All four boxes in the dark make up the big dipper.