The coin’s exceptionally large diameter allows for an intricately detailed reverse design to highlight the celebrated beauty of the Canadian Horse.
- Designed by Michelle Grant.
- Contains 1/2 kilo (16.075 oz) of .9999 fine Silver
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features a portrait of three Canadian Horses bounding through a cascade of maple leaves across an open field.
- Coin comes in a wooden box and has a certificate of authenticity
- Limited mintage of 1,000 coins.
The year 2015 marks the 350th anniversary of the introduction of the Canadian Horse. Robust, resilient, and good natured, the "petit cheval de fer" or“little iron horse,” as it became known in its native Quebec. It has survived near extinction to emerge as one of Canada’s official national symbols.