This second gold coin of the Austrian "Wildlife in Our Sights" features the Wild Boar, a determined and adaptable animal that roams over most of the world.
- Contains .5072 oz of Gold.
- Coins are packaged in the original box with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the boar’s thick neck and shoulders surrounded by variety of grasses and vegetation. “Republik Österreich”, the 2014 year of issue and the face value €100 designed by Thomas Pesendorfer.
- Reverse: Depicts a female, or wild boar sow, watching over her two young offspring as they wallow playfully in the mud designed by Helmut Andexlinger.
- These .986 fine Gold coins are guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
These commemorative Gold coins from Austria are a great way to add to your Gold holdings while enhancing your World Gold collection. Add one of these Austrian Gold €100 Wild Boar Proof coins to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.