The Gold American Eagle features a stunning design that is recognized worldwide and often considered the most beautiful design of American coinage. This beauty has led the Gold Eagle to be the most popular Gold coin in the United States.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The Early Releases label guarantees this coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Containing a full ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2015 1 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!
The Background of American Gold EaglesWould you like to gain some insight into the story behind Gold Eagle coins? They were first minted in 1986, one year after Congress passed the Gold Bullion Act of 1985. The act issued orders to the U.S. Mint to begin producing Gold bullion items. Since then, Gold Eagles have been minted each year in accordance with current demands.
Although American Gold Eagles have only existed for a few decades, the design that adorns them is far from new. The Lady Liberty image on the coins' obverse had its origins way back in 1907. The picture features Lady Liberty set against the glorious rays of the sun. In one hand she holds her torch, while the other hand carries an olive branch. Her hair flows gracefully in the wind.
On the reverse of the coins, you will see a double eagle design, showing a male eagle approaching a female and her nest. Both images on the coin embody the ideals that are the cornerstones of the United States.
These coins can complement other U.S. Mint treasures in your collection. Display them alongside your most iconic pieces, such as Gold Buffalos and any rare treasures you may have tucked away in your vault. Buy Early Release Gold Eagles to enjoy their aesthetic beauty and numismatic value.