1849 is the year of the California Gold Rush. Great "No Motto" coin for a $10 Gold type set!
- Contains .4838 oz of Gold.
- Mintage of only 653,618 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word “LIBERTY” on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and the denomination.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht, and minted from 1838-1907.
- U.S. Mint issue from the Philadelphia mint.
Protect your $10 Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, adding collectability to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this 1849 $10 Liberty Gold Eagle to your cart today!