1849 is the year of the California Gold Rush. Great "No Motto" coin for a $10 Gold type set!
- Contains .4838 oz of Gold.
- Mintage of only 653,618 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, encircled by 13 stars with the word “LIBERTY” on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with a shield on its breast. Surrounding the eagle is “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and the denomination.
- Designed by Christian Gobrecht, and minted from 1838-1907.
- U.S. Mint issue from the Philadelphia mint.
Protect your $10 Liberty Gold Eagle with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box or coin bezel to your order.
Many of these coins have been melted over the years, adding collectability to a classic Gold coin design. Enhance your collection by adding this 1849 $10 Liberty Gold Eagle to your cart today!