This Morgan Silver Dollar has bright white surfaces with just a hint of peripheral orange toning toward 11 o'clock on the obverse. There are some minor contact marks on Liberty's cheek and a few bagmarks on the reverse but nothing abnormal for an MS-64.
This 1879-S Morgan Dollar bears an 1879 obverse and an 1878 reverse. The most obvious aspect of this VAM is the parallel arrow feather beneath the eagle's right talons (the 1879 reverse has a slanted arrow feather). This coin is graded MS-64 by PCGS.
- Contains .77344 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in a protective PCGS Slab Box.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other.
- This issue features the mintmark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the denomination.
This piece of history will instantly add value to your investment portfolio or personal collection. Add this 1879-S Morgan Silver Dollar with a Reverse of 1878 to your cart today.
The Morgan Silver Dollar is the most popular Silver dollar collected in the world. George T. Morgan’s design makes the Morgan Dollar highly desirable to collectors and investors alike.