The 2015 Silver Maple Leaf coins feature a unique light diffracting pattern of radial lines, making them harder to duplicate and providing another measure of security. These examples are graded a near-perfect MS-69 by NGC, a top coin grading service.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the condition and authenticity of the coin.
- Early Releases designation guarantees these coins were received by NGC within 30 days of release from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity. New micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark shows a “15” when viewed under magnification.
- Radial line background was precisely machined by the Royal Canadian Mint to create a unique light diffracting pattern, providing another measure of security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Display your Certified Silver Canadian Maple Leaf in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
In addition to the classic design, this coin comes with the added appeal of being graded an MS-69 Early Releases by NGC. Add this 2015 Certified Silver Canadian Maple Leaf to your cart today!
Before the birth of the Royal Canadian Mint, every coin that was in circulation in Canada had to be produced at the Royal Mint in London or at the private Heaton Mint in Birmingham, England. So, in 1890, the Royal Canadian Mint was proposed and 18 years later on January 2, 1908 Canadian Governor General Lord Earl Gray struck the first domestically produced coin in Ottawa. Since then, the Royal Canadian Mint has been known for its exceptional quality, sophistication and innovation.
The Silver Maple Leaf has undergone some changes in its design, but overall, the main elements of this iconic Silver coin have remained the same. The obverse of the coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II while the reverse displays a maple leaf, an image closely associated with Canadian pride and nationalism. In 2014, a micro-engraved, textured maple leaf featuring the year of issue and a radial-line background were added to ensure the authenticity of the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. In addition to the added security, these features also add to the beauty of each individual coin, as each pattern of radial lines is unique and creates a specific light-diffracting pattern.