This is one of the very first Legal Tender notes issued by the United States, issued during the Civil War. Superb portrait of Salmon P. Chase, Secretary of the Treasury under Lincoln.
- Series 1862 $1 United States Legal Tender Note.
- This is one of the first legal tender notes issued by the United States government.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Graded Almost Good.
- Face: Large portrait of Salmon P. Chase, Secretary of the Treasury under Lincoln, at left.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the obligation in the center with the denomination on either side.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This series is a favorite with collectors due to its intricate engraving and place in history. Add this interesting item to your cart today!
Signatures of Chittenden/Spinner—Friedberg #17a.