This $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle has been graded and guaranteed by PCGS as in being Almost Uncirculated-55 condition.
- Contains 0.9675 oz of gold.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the Almost Uncirculated-55 condition of the coin.
- Designed by James Longacre.
- Obverse: Depicts the head of Liberty wearing a coronet.
- Reverse: Features a heraldic eagle with shield at chest holding an olive branch and a cluster of arrows.
- The motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" was added in 1866 during the Civil War. This differentiates Type I (1849-1866) and Type II (1866-1876) double eagles.
- 1876 is the final year the denomination was abbreviated as "TWENTY D." In 1877 the denomination was spelled out and Type III double eagles were minted from 1877-1907.
Protect and display your graded coin in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin would be a great addition to any collection. Add this 1876-CC $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!