Throughout its history, the Canadian nickel has transformed and reveals the growth of a mint that would eventually come into its own. This new "Legacy of the Canadian Nickel" series from the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint will feature 5-cent coins. Each of these releases will provide a retrospective look at the history of the Canadian nickel, beginning with this crossed maple bough design that was used until 1921.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Reverse: Effigy of His Majesty King George V, who was the reigning monarch from 1910 to 1936.
- Obverse: A recreation of the design that graced the 5-cent coin from 1911 to 1921. Finely detailed engraving and selective gold plating recreate St. Edwards's Crown, the solid gold coronation crown, as it appeared on the original coin design. New sculpt and finishes bring added definition to the crossed bough of 22 maples leaves.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.