The growling cougar is the second release in the Royal Canadian Mint's 'Call of the Wild' series. Struck in the finest purity of .99999 fine Gold, this coin would make an excellent addition to your investment portfolio or any Gold coin collection. The cougar is one of Canada's most powerful, elusive and beautiful predators. The silent hunter is the perfect subject for the second release in this series that features the predators that have ruled Canadian terrain for centuries.
- Contains 1 oz of .99999 fine Gold in a Proof finish.
- Individually housed in a mint box and encapsulated.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $200 face value and the year 2015.
- Reverse: A portrait of a cougar howling, the lines in the background representing the ferocity of this predator. The finishes applied by engravers emphasize the muzzle spiked with long whiskers, short round ears and dense fur all presented in full detail.
- This design is a premium version of the Royal Canadian Mint's .99999 pure Gold bullion coin, struck in a proof finish with a mirror-like background.
A world leader in producing high-quality coins and bars, the Royal Canadian Mint was founded in 1908. They are most admired for their iconic Canadian Maple Leaf coin series but are also responsible for many breathtaking depictions of North America’s natural wonders and wildlife.