In Greek mythology, Hera was Queen of the Olympians and the wife of Zeus. The beloved Greek goddess is now immortalized in .999 fine Silver. This unique high relief coin has a limited mintage of just 2,000 coins, providing even more collectible appeal.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Rimless with a high relief design and antique finish.
- Comes in a round wooden display case, with stunning lid detail, in a beautifully illustrated shipper.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and date of issue.
- Reverse: Features Hera wearing a polos crown, sitting on a throne in the Temple of Hera, holding her lotus staff in her left hand. Hera is pictured with a peacock and a lion.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Tuvalu government.
This exceptional Silver coin would be a great addition to any Silver coin collection. Add this unique 2 oz Silver Hera Queen of Olympus coin to your cart today!
Hera had the ability to bless and protect a woman’s marriage, bring fertility, protect children, and ensure financial security. However, she was known for her vengeful and jealous nature, particularly toward her husband’s many lovers and their children, who she often punished. Despite her rage at his infidelities, Hera remained loyal and faithful to her husband, bearing three of his children, Hebe, Ares and Hephaestos.
Historically, Hera was depicted in a standing position, or seated on a throne with a polos crown on her head, holding a lotus staff. Her other symbols included a cuckoo, representative of her marriage to Zeus, a peacock, signifying immortality and a pomegranate, symbolizing fertility. The lion was also considered sacred to Hera.