The Eisenhower Dollar, aka the Ike Dollar, was the first dollar minted after the Peace Dollar that was intended for circulation.
The Ike Dollar commemorates the great accomplishments of General/President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the success of the Apollo XI moon landing mission.
- Contains .3161 oz. of Silver.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia. Depicted is an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch firmly grasped in his claws.
- This issue features the mintmark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the date.
- Mintage of 1,306,579 coins.
- Population of 111 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
Preserve a part of American history by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by including this 1974-S Silver Eisenhower Dollar in your cart today.