Throughout its history, the Canadian nickel has transformed and reveals the growth of a mint that would eventually come into its own. This new "Legacy of the Canadian Nickel" series from the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint will feature 5-cent coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Effigy of King George V, who was the reigning monarch from 1910 to 1936.
- Reverse: The reverse image features a recreation of William James Henry Blakemore’s 1922 redesign of Canada’s 5-cent coin. Finely detailed engraving, multiple finishes and selective Gold plating breathe new life and more definition to the original design, which features two maple leaves facing outward from the center. They frame the bottom of a stylistically rendered “5” which paired with the words “FIVE” “CINQ” and “CENTS” indicate the face value.
- Multiple finishes and expert sculpting help bring added detailing and dimension to this recreation.
- Each coin within the series is faithful to the original design and includes the effigy of the reigning monarch at the time of the coin’s original issue date.
Throughout its history, each of the nickel’s transformations provides a glimpse of a young nation that was seeking to define itself, and a Mint that would quickly come into its own. This Legacy of the Canadian Nickel series is a retrospective look at the history of 5-cent coins minted by the Royal Canadian Mint; it continues with the two maple leaves design used from 1922 to 1936 that first earned the 5-cent coin its “nickel” nickname. Be sure to add this collectible piece to your cart today!