This 5-ounce fine Silver 10-cent piece features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic schooner or “Bluenose” design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “dimes,” with only two exceptions.
This coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce fine Silver versions of Canadian circulation coinage.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Selective gold plating on both the reverse and obverse sides of the coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic image of a stylized schooner with tall sails flying on the open sea. The schooner and water are gold-plated, as is the raised edge. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA,” the date “2015,” and the face value of “10 CENTS.”
- With a very limited mintage of only 1,500 coins per issue, this series is sure to be highly sought after by collectors.