This Cosmology coin is the Newest release of the Austrian Mint's Niobium series and contains two different shades of niobium, blue and yellow. The Cosmology coin explores fittingly high-tech themes into outer space as our technology advances.
- Contains .26045 oz of Silver.
- Comes encapsulated and boxed with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the universe in its niobium core, complete with stars, Saturn and its rings, and the Rosetta space probe, the first spacecraft to orbit a comet.
- Reverse: Shows the planets in orbit encircle the European Extremely Large Telescope, currently under construction by the European Southern Observatory due for completion in 2022. The telescope will enable us to look deeper than ever into the solar system, galaxy and universe.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
This unique Silver and Niobium coin would be a great gift for anyone interested in space or technology. Add the Cosmology Silver/Niobium Cosmology Austrian Coin to your cart today!
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.