This series 1923 $1 United States Note is also known as a Legal Tender Note. These are a radical departure from the previous series and began the road to uniformity that our currency is on to this day.
- The last issue of Large Size U.S Notes in the One Dollar denomination.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Very Good condition with lots of honest wear.
- Face: Head of President George Washington between Red Treasury Seal at left and the denomination at the right also in red lettering.
- Back: Legend with a large number "1" in each corner among stylized scrollwork.
Add this 1923 $1.00 Legal Tender issue to your cart today!
Speelman/White signature combo—Friedberg #40.
Although these red seals have the same basic design as the 1923 Silver Certificates, they are much less common. These notes are popular among collectors being the last of this type in Large Size. Notes at this level of preservation make this type affordable for the beginning currency collector.