This exquisite coin is the fifth in the Royal Canadian Mint’s flora paired with fauna engraved and colored design with a unique one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted Venetian glass element created by an Italian glassmaker.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.
- Obverse: Shows the right profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais uses color to recreate the leaves and white flowers of the broadleaf arrowhead (Sagittaria latifolia), which fills the lower portion of the image field. A floating log serves as the perfect sunbathing platform for a Venetian glass version of a painted turtle, which has been handcrafted by master glass-maker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
- Mintage of only 12,500 coins