This 2009 Isle of Man 1 Crown .925 fine Silver proof coin commemorates the 40th anniversary since the test flight of the British Concorde jet.
- Contains 28.28 grams (0.9092 oz) of .925 fine Silver.
- Obverse: Depicts an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: Features the British Concorde in flight and in full enameled color over world renowned monuments with text commemorating the "40th Anniversary of Concorde Test Flight" and denominational value of "1 Crown".
- Presented in a proof finish with a capsule and gift box paired with a certificate of authenticity.
- Guaranteed by the government of the Isle of Man.
- Comes in clamshell box with certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
This coin is a great gift for a loved one or is perfect as an addition to your personal collection! Get your 2009 Proof Silver Concorde coin in your cart today!
The idea that countries, big or small, can and should have their own coinage is what pushed the Pobjoy Mint forward. Pobjoy approached the Isle of Man government to begin a program of collector coins with corresponding values and specifications as British coins. In 1972, the Pobjoy Mint created the first practical set of coins for the Isle of Man including a 1/2 penny and up to 50 pence coins. These coins included historical and cultural elements, such as the Isle of Man’s distinctive three-legged “Triskele” insignia.
Since then, the Pobjoy Mint has issued an array of innovative and artistic coins sought after by some of the choosiest collectors. One particular contribution to numismatics and coin production was the development of the world’s first satisfactory man-made Precious Metal, called Virenium, which has been used in high denomination coinage since 1978. This was hailed worldwide as the first significant breakthrough in coinage from the last century.
The Pobjoy Mint provides circulation and collector coinage for 12 countries and territories, and that number is ever increasing. Pobjoy Mint has been consistently recognized within the numismatic industry for their innovations, including 45 “firsts” such as the first Silver one kilo coin, the first coin in the shape of the Eiffel Tower, the first titanium coin and the world’s highest relief coin. The Pobjoy Mint has demonstrated their ability to push the limits of the coin industry to surprising achievements and new heights.