Collectibles Sales Event!
Shop now while supplies last.
The year 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of the poem 'In Flanders Fields', which was written by Canadian physician Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae amid the horrors of the Second Battle of Ypres in May 1915. To mark this anniversary, this fine Silver coin is a solemn remembrance of those who bravely served their country abroad in a time of war.
- Contains 4.9 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- House in a clamshell box with a decorative sleeve.
- Limited mintage of just 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of His Majesty King George IV.
- Reverse: Image by Canadian artist Tony Bianco masterfully combines vibrantly color with finely detailed engraving to create a stirring scene of remembrance at a soldier’s grave. There is an unusual stillness in the air as two Canadian soldiers take the time to quietly remember a fallen friend and colleague, who lies buried far from home in a field that is resplendent with the red poppies described in John McCrae’s poem, “In Flanders Fields”.
Add this unique 100th anniversary of 'In Flanders Fields' coin to your cart today!
Selective coloring beautifully recreates the vibrant poppies that surround the uniformed soldiers, bringing this touching scene to life and further enhancing the design’s finely detailed engraving.