This 5-ounce Silver 5-cent piece features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic beaver design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “nickels” with only a few notable exceptions.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Selective Gold plating on both the obverse and reverse sides of the coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
- Reverse: Features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic design featuring the right profile of a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. The beaver, water, rock and maple leaves are Gold-plated, as is the raised edge.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce pure Silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar and 2-dollar circulation coins.
- Limited mintage of just 1,500 coins.
- Comes in a clamshell box with a decorative sleeve.