This coin is the third in a 5-Coin series entitled Colorful Songbirds of Canada, which captures the beauty of some of Canada's most distinctive bird species.
- Contains 0.55 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Low mintage of only 15,000 coins.
- Coin comes in a maroon clamshell box with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Effigy of Queen Elizabeth II
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks featuring a side profile image of a Blue Jay, which allows for an optimal view of the bird’s contrasting feather patterns that make it so unique.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Add this beautifully colored coin to your cart today!
There are few birds that are as readily recognized as the Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata). With its incomparable blue-hued plumage, this noisy songbird infuses its surroundings with a colorful presence as it moves about the wooded areas from central Alberta to southern Ontario, and east through the Atlantic Provinces. As one of Canada’s most colorful songbird species, its depiction on this stunning coin is testament to the beauty of Canada’s natural landscape.