The bare head of Napoleon as Consul appears on the obverse of this scarce issue of the Paris Mint.
A rarely encountered type of coin from the era of Napoleon Bonaparte, during the time he served as First Consul from 1799-1804.
- Contains .1867 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coins are in Extra Fine condition, but may have light scratches or rim dings.
- Each coin will come in protective plastic.
- Obverse: A left facing bust of Napoleon Bonaparte, First Consul of France from 1799-1804, appears on this short-lived design.
- Reverse: Enwreathed value and date.
- Struck at the Paris Mint in 1803.
Protect and display your coin in style by adding protective capsules recommended for this coin.
These early 19th century French 20 Francs were struck in limited quantities and are very popular with world Gold coin collectors. Add one of these elusive 19th century French Gold 20 Franc coins to your cart today!
Listed in Krause as KM #652.
France experienced a revolutionary calendar during this era, whereby the dates were figured from 1792. So the year struck on this coin (AN 12) would correspond to 1803.