Commemorating the foundation of the Bundesheer in 1955, this dynamic 5 euro coin pays homage to the brave men and women who have been performing those duties for the past 60 years.
- Contains .677 oz of .900 fine Silver.
- Housed in an illustrated blister pack.
- Mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows the coats of arms of the nine federal provinces of Austria.
- Reverse: Features an S-70 Black Hawk military transport helicopter carrying out a rescue operation and a soldier on a peacekeeping mission alongside the slogan "Schutz und Hilfe" (protection and assistance). Both are symbolic of the vital role the Armed Forces play in protecting and assisting citizens.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Add this Austrian Silver €5 Armed Forces "A Force for Good" coin to your cart today!
In addition to their duty to defend Austrian territory, the Austrian Armed Forces (Bundesheer) play a vital role in international peacekeeping and humanitarian relief missions, and also provide invaluable assistance in cases of natural disaster.
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.