First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Helen Taft.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-69 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- The Early Releases label ensures that the coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of the coins release.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Helen Taft.
- Reverse: Depicts a branch of Japanese cherry blossoms, symbolizing Mrs. Taft's instrumental role in bringing the cherry trees to Washington, D.C.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse Helen Taft coin to your cart today!
William Howard Taft met Helen Herron during a bobsledding party and asked her to marry him three years later. Two months into Taft's presidency, Helen suffered a stroke, impairing her speech. Due to the fact that she never fully recovered from the stroke, she only entertained moderately with the help of her sisters. In her biggest contribution during her time in the White House, Helen arranged for the planting of 3,020 Japanese cherry trees at the Washington Tidal Basin.