This scarce note features President George Washington between allegorical figures of Mechanics and Agriculture. These last of the $2.00 Silver Certificates are highly sought after by collectors!
- The last issue of U.S. paper money in the Two Dollar denomination which was a Silver Certificate.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is in Very Fine condition.
- Face: Features the profile of President George Washington between allegorical figures of Mechanics and Agriculture.
- Back: Obligation language with a large number "2" in each corner among stylized scrollwork.
These notes are popular among collectors being the last of a U.S. paper money type. Notes at this level of preservation are highly sought after by collectors. Add this 1899 $2.00 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Vernon/McClung signature combo—Friedberg #252.